in

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas’ child abduction lawsuit is over

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas’ contentious divorce battle appears to be winding down.

The «Game of Thrones» star asked a judge to dismiss the lawsuit she filed in September accusing Jonas of kidnapping the child. In new legal documents obtained by The Times, lawyers for the former couple asked the New York judge overseeing their case to drop the lawsuit in light of the agreed-upon parenting plan. On Wednesday, the case was officially closed.

In September, the «Dark Phoenix» star sued Jonas after she allegedly left their daughters, ages 1 and 3, in the U.S. without her consent, withheld the children’s passports and refused to return the girls to England.

A spokesman for Jonas denied that he «abducted» the girls, accused Turner of trying to permanently remove the children from the United States, and urged Turner to «reevaluate her hardline legal position and move forward in a more constructive and private manner.»

About two weeks after the actor filed the lawsuit, Jonas and Turner reached a temporary custody agreement for their two daughters. Jonas filed a motion to dismiss part of their Florida divorce case because that part was settled and «the rest of the case was reduced to see if the parties can resolve it on their own,» Jonas’ spokesman told The Times. A few days later, they agreed to conduct their separation privately.

Court documents filed in New York City and reviewed by The Times revealed that Jonas and Turner have agreed to share custody of their daughters, who will split their time between the UK with their mother and the US with their father.

Recommended Article
'Barbie's' Ryan Gosling disappoints with Gerwig's Oscar jab

“After a productive and successful mediation, we have agreed that the children will spend time equally in loving homes in both the US and the UK. We look forward to being great co-parents,” Jonas and Turner said in a joint statement.

Jonas filed for divorce from Turner last year after four years of marriage, saying their relationship was «irretrievably broken.» Not long after the filing, the former couple released a joint statement regarding speculation about their divorce.

«After four wonderful years of marriage, we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage,» their joint Instagram posts said. «There are many speculative narratives as to why, but this is truly a unanimous decision and we sincerely hope that everyone can respect our wishes for privacy for us and our children.»

Times writers Nardine Saad and Christi Carras contributed to this report.

#Sophie #Turner #Joe #Jonas #child #abduction #lawsuit

What do you think?

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Bec Judd twins start fighting over luxury boutique furniture: ‘I can’t take them anywhere’

The simple act this woman did with her boyfriend’s engagement ring — and why social media is so outraged she had to fight back