in

Troubled football star Tarryn Thomas is accused of allegedly harassing his ex just weeks after an AFL coach said he deserved a second chance at football.


Disgraced former North Melbourne footballer Tarryn Thomas has been charged with allegedly making harassing phone calls to a former partner and breaching a court order.

Police began investigating Thomas on May 10 after he allegedly called his estranged girlfriend several times throughout the day and night.

The allegations were reported to Victoria Police last month, damaging his chances of returning to the AFL.

Thomas was sacked by North Melbourne in February after being banned by the AFL for 18 weeks for inappropriate behavior with a woman.

The league found he had committed multiple offenses, including threatening a woman multiple times via direct messages.

Thomas is currently placed in a behavior program and can only return to the AFL if league officials believe he has reformed.

Thomas (pictured) was sacked by the Kangaroos in February after being banned by the AFL for 18 weeks

The former North Melbourne star (pictured outside court) has been charged with new charges relating to his ex-girlfriend and threatening text messages.

The former North Melbourne star (pictured outside court) has been charged with new charges relating to his ex-girlfriend and threatening text messages.

Essendon coach Brad Scott (pictured) backed Thomas two weeks ago, saying he deserved a second chance in the AFL

Essendon coach Brad Scott (pictured) backed Thomas two weeks ago, saying he deserved a second chance in the AFL

Some AFL clubs considered giving the 24-year-old a second chance before the fresh allegations surfaced, with Essendon coach Brad Scott saying he «deserves a second chance» at footy.

The alleged phone calls came after Thomas was cut by the Kangaroos and handed an 18-game suspension by the AFL for conduct offences, including allegedly threatening the same woman on social media.

Some of the messages Thomas allegedly wrote to the woman included: «And for the girls I abuse, I would do it again» and «If you hurt me, I’ll let you.»

Recommended Article
Vodafone has said it will beef up security as Three's £15bn merger gets the go-ahead

On Tuesday, a Victoria Police spokeswoman confirmed a search warrant had been executed at a property in Ormond, leading to Thomas’ arrest and charge of allegedly using telecommunications to harass.

Thomas was bailed to appear at Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on November 21 and is banned from playing football at any level until July 22.

In 2023, he was accused of threatening to distribute an intimate photo of a woman, later changed to using a transportation service to harass.

Thomas walked away from court without a conviction after paying $1,000 to charity.

In April 2023, North fined Thomas $5,000 for posting a video showing him driving dangerously and required him to donate an additional $5,000 to a road safety charity.

The AFL has taken a very public stance on violence against women in 2024, including a minute’s silence at ceremonies before all round eight games.



What do you think?

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Redhead Brittany Hockley reveals she was forced to flee a celebrity bash after a very embarrassing incident with a ‘rude’ guest.

Star Wars Creator George Lucas Throws a Spectacular 80th Birthday Party at Skywalker Ranch…with Steve Martin MCing and Performances by Alicia Keys, Jon Batiste and More