in

Workers at Ford of the UK plan to strike after rejecting pay offer


Hundreds of British Ford workers plan to strike later this month over a pay dispute.

Workers have «overwhelmingly» rejected the motoring giant’s offer of performance-related pay, according to the Unite union.

Unite said staff would begin work on the government and overtime ban on June 14, adding that the strikes would «severely affect» all Ford operations in the UK.

Rejected: Ford workers ‘overwhelmingly’ reject motoring giant’s performance-related pay offer, Unite union says

The workers taking part in the strike work at the company’s Henry Ford academy in Daventry and factories in Dagenham and Halewood.

Walkthroughs are also planned at Ford’s research and development facility in Dunton and its innovation center in Stratford, east London.

Sharon Graham, general secretary of Unite, said Ford had «decided to try to attack our members’ pay out of sheer corporate greed».

She added: “Performance-related payments do not guarantee real pay rises and put these workers at risk of pay cuts.

“They have an absolute right to take industrial action and they have the full support of Unite in doing so.

Unite further claimed that Ford had exacerbated the dispute by failing to engage in «meaningful negotiations», including with the ACAS conciliation service, despite workers winning union recognition last year.

In addition, Alison Spencer-Scragg, one of its national officers, accused the US carmaker of «totally ignoring» the collective agreement it struck with employees in 2023.

She said: ‘It is completely unacceptable that Ford is trying to impose a corporate performance model that underestimates the contribution of this key management group to the company’s success.’

Recommended Article
Shock on The Block! Rumors are swirling that the beloved star is jumping ship and heading to Channel Seven

Ford said: “We regret that this has led to this outcome given the fair and balanced offer and the competitiveness of our pay and benefits package for LL6.

«We will continue to engage with Unite and our staff and will endeavor to resolve this matter.»

Ford reached a landmark agreement with the United Auto Workers union last November after a six-week strike that halted operations at factories in Chicago, Louisville and Wayne, Michigan.

The shutdown was the first nationwide shutdown to hit Ford in the U.S. since 1979, and the first to simultaneously hit all of Detroit’s «Big Three» auto firms — Ford, Stellantis and General Motors.

As part of the deal, Ford workers will receive a record 25 percent pay increase over four and a half years and the right to strike for any plant closings during that period.



What do you think?

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Aussies cringe at restored footage of 90s TV series: ‘I can’t believe this show got on TV’

Chelsea fans FUME at ‘stupid’ appointment of Enzo Maresca on five-year deal – and claim ex-Leicester boss will be ‘gone in five months’